I am proud to announce that I have become an award winning blogger! Fellow blogger Jeri Walker-Bickett has awarded me The Sunshine Blogger Award. Thanks Jeri. It is my honor to be recognized as a “blogger who positively and creatively inspires others in the blogosphere.” Jeri is the indefatigable presence behind her blog: “Jeri WB What do I know?” http://jeriwb.com.
In addition to producing her very lively blog, Jeri is hard at work on her WIP novel, Lost Girl Road. She has several ePubs including a rendering of some of Edgar Allen Poe’s works using modern wording and syntax. She creates critical book reviews, writing tips, and author interviews, as well as her biography: Becoming a Writer, and her thoughts on the writing process called Jeri’s Psychological Suspense. To top this off, Jeri is offering Freelance Editing Services.
The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The way the award process works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Blogger Award.
My answers to the sunshine questions:
What is your passion? Let me come at this question backwards. A person is automatically excused for the excesses they commit on behalf of their passion. Correct? Well, then I am exonerated from the inexcusable and unbelievable sin of yanking the emergency brake handle of my car clean out of it’s socket in a passionate frenzy. Seems my car had stalled on the way to the first ever live performance of a play I had written. The curtain was going up! What to do? Pop the hood, stupid! Fine, except I grabbed the wrong handle and pulled like the devil. I came to my senses, of course, and even managed to arrive on time. But without that memory, how would I even know what my passion is?
2. Favorite time of the year? Autumn, hands down. I think it’s because I have a love affair with trees that is passed down from my mother. Being from Illinois, I know the glory of trees in Autumn. The color, the leaves falling, and being piled up to be jumped into as a child. Leaves burning— what a wondrous lingering memory. The sense of smell is the most vivid, you know.
3. Favorite Book? My favorite book is a book whose name I forget. It was a book I read in the basement library of Westmont Central School. It was about basketball. The characters? One was Slats Packard. I don’t remember the other’s names. But, the book captured my sports crazy interest at the time. And if I remember the name of one of the characters, it must have been one hell of a book, don’t you think?
4. Favorite animal? A dog. We’ve had a lot of them through the years. Silky, Buddy, Gent, Hamlin, Colonel, Jessie, Charley. They were all our favorite. They loved us. We loved them. Eventually, they needed to have us help them go.
5. Favorite time of the day? Midnight and beyond, when it’s quiet, you’re alone, and you’re permitted to go wherever your imagination wants to take you.
6. Favorite Flower? Dandelion. That’s no flower, you say. It’s a flower to me. Put one under your chin to see if you like butter.
7. Favorite nonalcoholic beverage? Orange Crush. It’s a fizzy concoction with that wonderful orange juice flavor.
8. Favorite physical activity? In all my life or just now? For all time? Sports. Baseball, I guess. I played a lot of baseball. At first with my two older sisters in a vacant lot across the street. Then, on a dusty infield at the town park. Baseball. One of my biggest thrills was to be the losing pitcher of record when my West Point teammates and I had the Bronx Bombers on the ropes in the eighth inning, and I took the mound. You might remember the Bombers. They had guys with names like Mantle, Berra, Maris, Ford, Skowron, Howard, and Bullet Bob Turley who we sent to an early shower.
9. Favorite vacation? The first one I ever had. The first we ever had as a family. I’m sixteen. The older girls are already gone. But there’s my younger brother, and baby sister, Mom and Dad. Michigan. Fishing. Swimming. The water was very warm.
10. My favorite movie? Tootsie. Funny. Wonderful music. Jessica Lang’s lisp. Dustin Hoffman’s female voice. Charles Durning’s slow burn of indignation. Bill Murray’s Love Canal. George Gaynes’ line:” I never laid a hand on her.” Teri Garr’s lines: “I read “The Second Sex”, I read “The Cinderella Complex”, I’m responsible for my own orgasms, I don’t care! I just don’t like to be lied to!”
MY TEN SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARDS
10. Hooks and Book
Reminder of questions should you accept the award:
- What is your passion?
- Favorite time of the year?
- Favorite book?
- Favorite movie?
- Favorite animal?
- Favorite time of the day?
- Favorite Flower
- Favorite nonalcoholic beverage?
- Favorite physical activity?
- Favorite vacation?
Thanks for stopping by. I’d love to hear any comment you may have. You can share a comment below or post this entry on your favorite social media website.
Sign-up via the email or RSS option in the sidebar to receive MaineLarryCrane’s latest posts. You can also follow MaineLarryCrane via the various social media platforms listed on this website.